Skip to main content

In the Drafts; Short stories that may never be good enough.

 The cold feel of metal as I sliced it through my wrist, i felt a sting as i watched the blood seep out of my skin. I smiled, dragging the blade deeper into my skin. I didn't mean for it to happen this way, but this was my only true escape. 


It a started with a thin line of blood that trickled down from my wrist to my fingers before the journey to kiss the broken tiles.  The blood of the broken on broken tiles what a marvelous coincidence, my mind transversed many timelines of my life but only in a few would I opt for survival.


The pain exploded in my head with a blinding whiteness, It made me  dizzy. I was laying in a pool of my own blood slipping in and out of consciousness, the throbbing pains were what I considered a proof of life in this broken body. My spirit was no longer here, and my mind; scattered abroad.  And , just when the pain was at its worst, it dissipated, like fog off some eerie lake. 


I reckon that everyone’s story must come to an end. But mine ended not because I ran out of ink or paper,but simply because 

I STOPPED WRITING 


🧶

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Stethoscope

Who needs Dopamine transmission? being with you does the trick- anon On Loving the stethoscope… When I took the plunge I had no idea what the water currents felt like, if there’s one major decision which put me at crossroads of should I or shouldn’t i. It was the decision to date HND. What I know for sure is that after the first month or so everything changes, you get to be around this person more often and you get really comfortable around this person. I was quite comfortable at the beginning anyway but I obviously had my reservations, I remember this evening he was walking me down to where I can board a car; it was dark (thanks to the children of the underworld who stole solar panels for the university street lights) well if you know me well you’d know seeing well in the dark is an extreme sport for me most times I would walk right into a puddle before I realize. Well, he had seen a gutter ahead and offered to hold my hands to cross over in my stubbornness I told him “no

GROWING UP AN ONLY CHILD

Growing up as only child has giving me a rare view of life, I’ve been constantly tagged with the only child syndrome with this tag which is somewhat overwhelming most times.  Just to correct the notion I don’t think any child decides to be an only child really, we should stop that. I’m an only child and aside growing up without siblings I don’t think I’m less of a human being than people with siblings. I never personally chose my status as an only child. The feeling that comes with being an only child could be somewhat contradictory at some points, one minute I’m excited about the new video game my dad bought for me and the next I feel bad because I’ve seen the game is fun in a two player mode, one moment I’m excited about my big box of clothes and the next I wonder what it would have felt like if I had  senior sister to give me hand-me-downs or a younger sister who would constantly borrow my clothes and wear them when they feel I’ve forgotten. This roller-coaster feeling is

"LOVE" AND THE COFFEE SHOP

Time after time I always envisaged the day I’d find love in a coffee shop, so I had a lot of coffee and a caffeine addiction. So I sat in coffee shops reading novels while sipping on my hot creamy coffee hoping that one day “love” would bump into me spilling my coffee on my “Sefi Attah” and I would bend over to rescue my book drowning in the small puddle of creamy coffee, and maybe like those western movies he would be a perfect gentleman who would get to it before I do and apologise profusely and maybe offer to buy me another cup. Or perhaps I felt “Love”  would sit at the other end of the coffee shop taking quick glances at my book cover and ask out of curiosity why I choose to read Mario Puzo’s “ The Godfather” or Sun Tzu’s “ art of war” and probably tell me how he finds it intriguing that I make such book choices. After a long debate on God knows what I’d remember I have to get to a meeting and I could rush out leaving him with no contacts, but its “ Love” anyway. He would